Welcome to Murkongselek College
Murkongselek College is situated in the vicinity of Jonai township area bordering Arunachal Pradesh. The college was established in 1984
with the cherished goal of spreading education and imparting higher education among the backward and the tribal students of Jonai
sub-division and the neighbouring area. And since the day of its inception the college has been relentlessly working to achieve that
cherished goal. The word 'murkongselekselek' is derived from Mishing language 'murkong' and 'seleg' where 'mukong' means wealth and 'seleg' means field covered with thatching grass. Jonai subdivision is located in the easternmost part of Assam, almost a 100 kms away from the
district headquater, Dhemaji. The area is inhabited by tribal people mostly of the Mishing tribe. Read More..
News and Events
- UGC sponsored National Seminar on "ENVIRONMENTAL DEGRADATION AND ITS IMPACT ON TRADITIONAL PRACTICES OF INDIGENOUS COMMUNITIES
WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO ASSAM" to be held on 23rd and 24th September 2016. For details about enquiry, Contact and Registration Click Here..
- Selection of Cadets for the participation of March Past for the Independence Day Celebration August-15 2016 is going on.
Interested candidates may submit their names or report to the Principal's Office before 25th of July 2016
- Admission to HS 1st and Degree first year going on. Please download the prospectus in the INFORMATION SECTION to know details
- Admission Forms to the Academic Courses are available in the College Adminstrative Block. Please go through the documents required in the INFORMATION SECTION
College Rules, Policies and Mission Statement
- MISSION & VISION: Murkong Selek College was established in the year 1984 with the modest aim of providing facilities to the poor and aspiring students to pursue quality higher education and thereby enabling them to earn knowledge and manifest their inherent
talents. The college was established with these modest visions and missions. Read Mission
- RULES & REGULATIONS: The college gives utmost priority for discipline and every one, student or staff, is bound to follow
the rules and regulations of the college and maintain strict discipline. Under disciplinary action, the principal is empowered to fine, suspend or even expel a student from the college in the interests of the institution.
See College Rules & Regulations..
- ANTI-RAGGING: To prohibit any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has
the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student. See
Anti Ragging Act..